By David Boonin
Read or Download A Defense of Abortion (Cambridge Studies in Philosophy and Public Policy) PDF
Similar political philosophy books
This e-book is an exploration of Plato's Republic that bypasses arcane scholarly debates. Plato's fantasy presents clean perception into what, in Plato's view, is the valuable challenge of existence: the mortal propensity to undertake faulty methods of answering the query of the way to stay good. How, in gentle of those trends, can humankind be stored?
How can indigenous humans top assert their criminal and political uniqueness? during this isn't a Peace Pipe, Dale Turner explores indigenous highbrow tradition and its dating to, and inside, the dominant Euro-American tradition. He contends that indigenous intellectuals have to have interaction the criminal and political discourses of the nation, respecting either indigenous philosophies and Western ecu highbrow traditions.
Decolonizing Time: paintings, relaxation, and Freedom demonstrates the significance of time as a important type for political conception, delivering not just a heritage of the struggle for time via political, feminist, and demanding concept, but in addition assessing this practice within the context of the United States.
It is a hypothesis at the technique of political and sociological theorizing because it is at the moment practiced, and to a point on the way it has been traditionally practiced, in Europe and North the United States. It considers this theorizing throughout quite a number geographic, temporal and cultural contexts with no resorting to the extra conventional procedure of “comparative analysis”.
- Liberty, Wisdom, and Grace: Thomism and Democratic Political Theory (Applications of Political Theory)
- Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness, Version 4.0 (Paragon Issues in Philosophy)
- Intimate Politics: Publicity, Privacy and the Personal Lives of Politicians in Media Saturated Democracies (Contemporary Political Communication)
- Foucault and the Making of Subjects (New Politics of Autonomy)
- Sovereignty: The Origin and Future of a Political Concept (Columbia Studies in Political Thought / Political History)
- Language Rights and Political Theory
Additional info for A Defense of Abortion (Cambridge Studies in Philosophy and Public Policy)