By Charles Forrest,Martin Halbert
Technology has enabled new sorts of information-seeking habit and scholarship, inflicting a protection of libraries that revisits the assumption of the "commons"—a public position that's unfastened for use by means of every body. A box consultant to the knowledge Commons describes the emergence, development, and adoption of the idea that of the knowledge commons in libraries. This ebook incorporates a number of contributed articles, and descriptive, dependent entries for varied info commons in libraries around the kingdom and round the world.
Read Online or Download A Field Guide to the Information Commons PDF
Similar library & information science books
Now completely revised for state-of-the-art 21st-century library surroundings, this identify offers an entire replace of the vintage constructing Library and knowledge heart Collections—the commonplace textual content and authority on assortment improvement for all sorts of libraries and library university scholars considering 1979.
Latest scholars must be absolutely ready for profitable studying and residing within the details age. This publication presents a pragmatic, versatile framework for designing Guided Inquiry that is helping in attaining that goal.
Utilizing a library’s amenities to convey arts to the neighborhood is not just a helpful carrier, but additionally an excellent advertising and outreach chance, a tangible option to express the general public that libraries provide worth, hence shoring up grassroots help. Editor Smallwood has combed the rustic discovering examples of courses applied by means of a number of forms of libraries to counterpoint, train, and entertain consumers during the arts.
Der Band Erfolgreich recherchieren – Jura bietet einen umfassenden Überblick über die Informationsressourcen zur Rechtswissenschaft. Vorgestellt werden nicht nur die zentralen Rechercheinstrumente wie Bibliothekskataloge, Fachbibliographien, Internetsuchmaschinen und Aufsatzdatenbanken, sondern auch Fachdatenbanken und freie Internetressourcen sowie Strategien für die erfolgreiche Literaturrecherche.
- JSTOR: A History
- Interdisciplinary Behavior and Social Sciences: Proceedings of the 3rd International Congress on Interdisciplinary Behavior and Social Science 2014 (ICIBSoS 2014), 1–2 November 2014, Bali, Indonesia.
- School Librarianship: Past, Present, and Future (Beta Phi Mu Scholars Series)
- This Is What a Librarian Looks Like: A Celebration of Libraries, Communities, and Access to Information
- Learning in Later Life: Challenges for Social Work and Social Care
- Organization, Representation and Description through the Digital Age: Information in Libraries, Archives and Museums (Current Topics in Library and Information Practice)
Additional resources for A Field Guide to the Information Commons