By Steven R. Ratner,Jason S. Abrams,James L. Bischoff
conclusions at the customers for accountability.
This totally up-to-date new version includes multiplied assurance of nationwide trials lower than common jurisdiction, foreign felony tribunals together with the overseas felony courtroom, new hybrid tribunals in Cambodia and in other places, fact commissions, and lustration. It additionally explores person responsibility for terrorist acts and for abuses devoted within the identify of counter-terrorism policy.
Read or Download Accountability for Human Rights Atrocities in International Law: Beyond the Nuremberg Legacy PDF
Similar arms controls books
Nuclear know-how is twin use in nature, which means that it may be used to provide nuclear power or to construct nuclear guns. regardless of defense issues approximately proliferation, the USA and different nuclear countries have on a regular basis shared with different international locations nuclear know-how, fabrics, and data for peaceable reasons.
This booklet fills a transparent hole within the literature for a technically-focused e-book masking nuclear proliferation and comparable matters post-9/11. utilizing a concept-led strategy which serves a vast readership, it offers distinctive assessment of nuclear guns, nuclear proliferation and foreign nuclear coverage.
This booklet offers perception into the paradigmatic methods developed via CIA many years in the past in Vietnam which stay operational practices at the present time in Afghanistan, El Salvador, Iraq, Syria, Yemen and in different places. Valentine’s learn into CIA actions begun while CIA Director William Colby gave him loose entry to interview CIA officers who were fascinated by a number of features of the Phoenix software in South Vietnam.
This booklet analyses the Syria quandary and the position of chemical guns on the subject of US overseas coverage. The Syrian government's use of such guns and their next removing has ruled the U.S. reaction to the clash, the place those are considered as relatively bad palms - a repulsion referred to as the chemical taboo.
- Governing Guns, Preventing Plunder: International Cooperation against Illicit Trade
- Controlling the Weapons of War: Politics, Persuasion, and the Prohibition of Inhumanity (Contemporary Security Studies)
- Globalisation and Defence in the Asia-Pacific: Arms Across Asia (Contemporary Security Studies)
- Limited Conflict Under the Nuclear Umbrella: Indian and Pakistani Lessons from the Kargil Crisis (2001): Indian and Pakistani Lessons - From the Kargil Crisis
- Ground Combat in the JICM
- State Behavior and the Nuclear Nonproliferation Regime (Studies in Security and International Affairs Ser.)
Additional resources for Accountability for Human Rights Atrocities in International Law: Beyond the Nuremberg Legacy